Wellbeing & Mental Health
At Marshland St James Primary and Nursery School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children to feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and have courage to make their own choices
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We offer different levels of support:
Universal Support: To meet the needs of all our pupils through our christian ethos and our wider curriculum to develop resilience.
Additional support: For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement.
Targeted support: For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such as nurture groups or a one to one mentor.
Children's Mental Health Week 1st February -7th February 2021