Impact of funding
Primary School’s Sports Funding
At Marshland St James, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that a creative and varied PE curriculum has a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and well-being of all our children.
The Primary PE and Sport Premium will enable us to continue and extend our provision through buying equipment to expand the growth in the range of alternative sporting activities; increase the number of opportunities to participate in inclusive sports competitions and provide opportunities to run sports activities with other schools
What is the Sports Premium?
The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses of the funding include:
- Hiring specialist sports coaches to work with the children to provide a wide range of games and activities.
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports/ well-being clubs and residential visits
- Accessing the School Sports partnership coaches
Our school has achieved a Gold Award for our contribution to school sports. Our children have participated in a range of sporting events with other schools, not just in our cluster schools, but in the wider Norfolk community. It has given the opportunity to many children with a range of ability levels to compete in different competitive sports. This is a fantastic achievement for the school.