What is PSHE in schools?
PSHE stands for Personal, Social, Health and Economic Education.
As a subject, PSHE aims to provide children with the knowledge and skills to keep themselves happy, healthy and safe, as well as to prepare them for life and work. PSHE aims to give children the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to lead confident, healthy and independent lives.
Navigating our complex world can be challenging, and parents and teachers play an essential role in preparing children for the future. As such, PSHE aims to equip pupils to:
- Take individual responsibility for their physical and mental well-being;
- understand the risks of drugs and alcohol and how to stay safe online;
- develop resilience, independence and responsibility;
- develop the personal and social skills required to succeed in commerce and industry;
- identify misleading information and be critical of misleading news or views they might encounter.
We follow the Cambridgeshire PSHE program. Please find below a copy of our PSHE plans showing what is taught where. We follow a 2 year cycle and are currently following Cycle B